PB Abbate Notifications, Terms, and Agreements
Your Access to these services - To qualify for access to PB Abbate you must be:
- 18 years old or older.
- A veteran with an honorable discharge.
- Agree and acknowledge PB Abbate’s Notifications, Terms, and Agreements
Veteran defined - Any individual who served in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and/or Coast Guard. In addition this also includes both active duty and reserve positions, along with national and state guard organizations.
If at any time it is determined that you have submitted information to PB Abbate that is misleading, we withhold the right to terminate our services provided to you through PB Abbate. There may also be other legal implications, such as civil and criminal penalties. We may turn over any misrepresentation to the proper authorities if required by law.
Your Use of these services - PB Abbate grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use and access our online forums solely as permitted by these Terms. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you by these Terms.
Except as permitted through our forums or as otherwise permitted by us in writing, your license does not include the right to:
- license, sell, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit PB Abbate or our content;
- modify, prepare derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer any part of the forums and/or content; or
- access the forums or our content in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service, except as permitted through approval by PB Abbate.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue your use of our services (in whole or in part) at any time, with or without notice to you. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of PB Abbate’s online forums will be subject to these Terms, which may be updated from time to time. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of PB Abbate’s forums or any part thereof.
Your Account - You are solely responsible for the information associated with your Account and anything that happens related to your Account. You must maintain the security of your Account and immediately notify PB Abbate if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your Account without your permission. You will not license, sell, or transfer your Account without our prior written approval.
Your Content - Our forums may contain information, text, links, graphics, photos, videos, or other materials (“Content”), including Content created or submitted on our forums by you or through your Account (“Your Content”). We take no responsibility for and we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, support, or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of Your Content.
By submitting Your Content to our forums, you represent and warrant that you have all rights, power, and authority necessary to grant the rights to Your Content contained within these Terms. Because you alone are responsible for Your Content, you may expose yourself to liability if you post or share Content without all necessary rights.
You retain any ownership rights you have in Your Content, but you grant PB Abbate the following license to use that Content:
When Your Content is created with or submitted to our forums, you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, distribute, store, perform, and display Your Content and any name, username, voice, or likeness provided in connection with Your Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed anywhere in the world. You also agree that we may remove metadata associated with Your Content, and you irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content.
Any ideas, suggestions, and feedback about PB Abbate or our forums that you provide to us are entirely voluntary, and you agree that PB Abbate may use such ideas, suggestions, and feedback without compensation or obligation to you.
Although we have no obligation to screen, edit, or monitor Your Content, we may, in our sole discretion, delete or remove Your Content at any time and for any reason, including for violating these Terms, violating our Content Policy below, or if you otherwise create or are likely to create liability for us.
PB Abbate does not endorse any advice or suggestions that members may provide to other members to include, but not limited to, financial, health, physical, legal, and career advice. PB Abbate does not check the factual accuracy or truthfulness of statements made by other members. Each member is responsible for validating the factual accuracy of another members advice and/or suggestion; each member who decides to act on other member's advice or suggestions does so at their own risk and agrees to hold PB Abbate harmless for any damages that may occur.
You are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, and regulations that may apply to your use of PB Abbate forums. You shall not upload, download, send or transmit sensitive information or information in violation of applicable laws and regulations (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries), or otherwise use the forums for purposes of:
- inciting ethnic hatred or ethnic discrimination and undermining ethnic solidarity;
- spreading rumor, disturbing social order and undermining social stability;
- spreading or otherwise justifying obscenity, illegal gambling, violence, homicide, bodily injury, terror, instigating the crime or encouraging to commit any of the above, or other actions that pose a threat to people’s lives or health, or violent or cruel actions towards people or animals;
- insulting or slandering other people and infringing other people’s legal rights and interests;
- distributing works not created by you which may infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual or proprietary rights of third parties;
- exploiting harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- spreading information on the methods of manufacturing and use of drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors or encouraging use of any of them
- spreading information on methods of committing suicide, as well as calls for suicide;
- demonstrating sexual acts or containing pornographic or inappropriate content;
- containing libelous, abusive, intimidating, vulgar or obscene language; or
sending, knowingly receiving, uploading, downloading, using, or re-using any material that does not otherwise comply with these Terms.
You shall not:
- Impersonate PB Abbate, an employee, another user, or any other person or organization, falsely claim to be connected with any person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or Account information associated with any of the foregoing).
- use the forum for any unauthorized commercial or promotional purposes, including without limitation, spamming, unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, publicity materials, promotional materials or any other commercial communications;
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the forums, or which, as determined by us, may harm PB Abbate or users of the forum, or expose them to liability;
- engage in any illegal or potentially illegal activities or transactions, including teaching people how to commit crimes, selling any illegal drugs, money laundering or committing fraud;
use or exploit any of PB Abbate’s intellectual property rights (including our trademark, brand, logo, any other proprietary information or the layout or design of any page), or otherwise infringe on any of PB Abbate’s intellectual property rights (including attempting to reverse engineer our client or software used); imitate the forum appearance design and functions; collect or process content made available through PB Abbate and its forums by using any automatic program, software, engine, web crawler, web page analytics tool, data mining tool or similar tools; decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any of software used by PB Abbate or our forums or seek to do any of the foregoing determine or attempt to determine any source code, algorithms, methods or techniques embodied by the forum or any derivative works thereof;
- distribute materials containing viruses, network worms, Trojan horse viruses, corrupted files or other malicious codes or items that disturb, destroy or restrict the functions of computer software, hardware or communication devices, the forums, servers and networks connected with the forums;
- without our written consent, distribute, license, transfer, or sell, in whole or in part, any of PB Abbate and its forums or any derivative works thereof;
- create multiple Accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes, or maliciously upload large amounts of repetitive and invalid data and information;
engage in any actions disturbing the proper normal order of the application, such as disruption of our website or any networks connected to the forums, bypassing any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the forum, trading reviews with other users or writing or soliciting fake reviews, proactive or passive score cheating, collaborative cheating, using plug-ins, other cheating software or bugs to obtain improper illegal interests, or leveraging the Internet or otherwise to bring plug-ins, cheating software and bugs to the public; or
- make any use of our brand or claim any relationship to PB Abbate or the forums, such as making a statement that any content is “in partnership with PB Abbate” and “co-produced with PB Abbate” via any channel or media.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that we may (a) disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that User Content (defined below) posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy or (b) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the forums. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU HEREBY WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
In order to bring to you the PB Abbate Community both online and in local chapters, we are required to collect certain information from you. Below is discussed in detail what information we collect from you and what we do with this information:
Information you Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you that you provide to us. This includes:
Account Information - If you create a PB Abbate account, we may require you to provide a username and password. Your username is public, and it doesn’t have to be related to your real name. You may also provide other account information, like an email address, bio, or profile picture. We also store your user account preferences and settings.
Content you submit - We collect the content you submit to PB Abbate. This includes your posts and comments including saved drafts, your messages with other users (e.g., private messages and chats), and your reports and other communications with moderators and with us. Your content may include text, links, images, gifs, and videos.
Actions you take - We collect information about the actions you take when using PB Abbate. This includes your interactions with content, like voting, saving, hiding, and reporting. It also includes your interactions with other users, such as following, friending, and blocking . We collect your interactions with communities, like your subscriptions or moderator status.
Other Information - You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in PB Abbate activities or promotions, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access PB Abbate services, we automatically collect some information, to include:
Log and Usage Data - We may log information when you access and use PB Abbate. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), device settings, pages visited, links clicked, the requested URL, and search terms.
Information collected from cookies and similar technologies - We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests, and similar technologies. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, personalize content, and improve the quality of PB Abbate.
Location information - We may receive and process information about your location. For example, with your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). We may also receive location information from you when you choose to share such information on PB Abbate, including by associating your content with a location, or we may derive your approximate location from other information about you, including your IP address.
Your PB Abbate account has a profile page that is public. Your profile contains information about your activities on PB Abbate, such as your username, prior posts and comments, and how long you have been a member of the Services.
PB Abbate only shares nonpublic information about you in the following ways. We do not sell this information.
- With your consent. We may share information about you with your consent or at your direction.
- With our service providers. We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us. Their use of personal data will be subject to appropriate confidentiality and security measures. A few examples: (i) contractors and volunteers who provide a service to PB Abbate to grow and improve the organization (ii) cloud providers who host our data and our services, (iii) to comply with the law.
- To comply with the law. We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency. We may share information if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies and rights. We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User Agreement, rules, or other PB Abbate policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
- With our affiliates. We may share information between and among PB Abbate, and any of our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Aggregated or de-identified information. We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may show the growth and trends of PB Abbate to our potential donors to show them the value in contributing to this veterans organization.
How We Protect Your Data
Consumer Information Requests
Requests for a copy of the information PB Abbate has about your account, including,California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) consumer information requests and other data protection laws, can be submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California Consumer, we are required to provide you with certain notifications per the California Consumer Privacy Act. While the information above fulfills this obligation, you have the additional right to request access to or deletion of your personal information and to request information about our data practices. Additionally, you also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights. You may request these rights by contacting us at the email listed below under Contact Information.
Minors under the age of 18 are prohibited from using PB Abbate services. PB Abbate’s clientele includes veterans who have been honorably discharged from the United States military as defined above.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
PB Abbate respects the intellectual property of others and requires that users of our forums do the same. We have a policy that includes the removal of any infringing material from the forums and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our website who are repeat offenders. If you believe that anything on our Services infringes a copyright or a trademark that you own or control, you may notify PB Abbate’s designated agent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please note that if you knowingly misrepresent that any activity or material on our forums is infringing, you may be liable to PB Abbate for certain costs and damages.
If we remove Your Content in response to a copyright or trademark notice, we will notify you via the email you provided when you signed up with PB Abbate. If you believe Your Content was wrongly removed due to a mistake or misidentification in a copyright notice, you can send a counter notification via our Copyright Agent (contact information provided above). Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3) for the requirements of a proper counter notification.
Miscellaneous Notifications and Waivers
PB Abbate may amend these Terms at any time and from time to time, for any reason or no reason and with or without notice to you. You manifest intent to accept any amended terms if you continue to use any part of PB Abbate after such amended terms have been posted. You may not amend these Terms without the prior written consent of PB Abbate. Further, PB Abbate reserves the right to modify or discontinue all or any part of the forums at any time or from time to time, for any reason or no reason and with or without notice. PB Abbate shall not be liable to you or any third party should PB Abbate exercise its right to modify or discontinue any part of the forums that is a part of PB Abbate.
Indemnity - Except to the extent prohibited by law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, third-party service providers, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the services, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations, or (d) Your Content. We reserve the right to control the defense of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
Disclaimer - THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PB ABBATE ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR FREE. PB ABBATE DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE, OR TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES OR THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR USER, INCLUDING MODERATORS. WHILE PB ABBATE ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES SAFE, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT OUR SERVICES OR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Limitation of Liability - IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE, WILL PB ABBATE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THOSE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES THAT IS ALLEGED TO BE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. THE LIMITATIONS OF THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING THOSE BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STATUTE, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF PB ABBATE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
Termination - You may terminate these Terms at any time and for any reason by deleting your Account and discontinuing use of all Services. We may suspend or terminate your Account, moderator status, or ability to access or use the Services at any time for any or no reason, including for violating these Terms or our Content Policy.
These Terms represent the complete agreement concerning the subject matter of the Terms and, except as set forth herein, may be amended only by a writing executed by both parties.
If any of the provisions of these Terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.